2006 TBSS Tuning

PCM and handheld tuners

Moderators: SS-ROB, Got TBSS, 08bluedemon

jefferybraman
LS
LS

Re: RE: Re: 2006 TBSS Tuning

Post by jefferybraman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Gzero wrote:I've used both SuperChips and HP Tuners. Superchips was a good starter but it wasn't until I purchased an HP Tuner did I really notice a huge benefit. There is just so much to tuning, I leave it up to someone else to actually do the tune files. HP Tuner is great a scanner also. Hook it up and you can see live data on your laptop.
With this Accel that i have it has two options. The first, is a performance tune for 91 octane gas, and i run the recommended 93 octane. The second i can get in there and change shift points, pressures, tire size and some other things too, i cnt remember right now, but it also scans. I do have an evap code coming up. Will this code keep it from running the best?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Very possible the code will affect the performance. I think the thing I noticed the most with a handheld tuner like that was the shift points. Transmission responded much better with the tune.
07 3SS AWD Summit White - TVS1900|The Force Cam|HP Tuner Pro|RPM lvl6|Vig 3200 Tri-disk|Kooks 1-7/8" w/ ORY|Magnaflow Catback|4" MAF Fenderwell Intake|Dual LS1 eFans|PCM Pickup Tube|160* Stat|BM Trans Cooler|Dual Aeroforce|Anzo Halos & OPT7 HIDs|Big 3 Gnd|Pioneer 7" Nav|Massive Audio Subs & Amps|Diamond Audio Components

Got TBSS

Post by Got TBSS » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:25 pm

If you dont have an Oil pickup tube, or a baffle installed. Run 7 qts of oil as well. It is literally a requirement in these trucks. You WILL spin a bearing if you dont. Dont ask me how i know...
|Sold-06 TBSS AWD|Superchips Tune|Cold Air Inductions|Magnaflow Res|LED Headlights|Blazer Fog 6k HIDs|Pioneer Avic8100|ArticStart Edge 2x|Aeroforce Interceptor|*Air Vent Pod Mod + Custom Decals Produced Myself*
http://www.tgcreative.net

quadstar87
Supporter
Supporter

Post by quadstar87 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:15 am

Don't forget it's a 4 speed....the shifts are always going to be all over the place with big rpm swings. It's the only part of these trucks I dislike.
07 AWD :evil: - 3SS Converted|Forged 365 LS2|Spal Fans|Kooks|Comp Cam/BTR Springs/LS7 Lifters|3000 Topline Converter|Poly motor mounts|Domin8Tuned|Customized ScanGauge-II