Windshield wipers

Having issues with your TBSS? Find help here by posting your problems and/or trouble codes.

Moderators: SS-ROB, Got TBSS, 08bluedemon

08bluedemon

Re: Windshield wipers

Post by 08bluedemon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:00 am

mattkinnamont wrote:And now the radio stays on after key removal and I open the door.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i.just started having the same problem with my radio.

I'm pretty sure it's the actuator because it will only do.it on the driver side. if I open tge door and close again it goes off.

we need the expert to chime in here.
What's your opinion Bobby
"I had brain surgery what's your excuse "

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 am

As far as the radio issues, I'm sure its an issue with the door switch. When your door is open does the DIC show the door is open? Dome lights come on? If not, the computer isn't seeing the door open. Could be build up on the door switch that needs to be cleaned up. That's where I would start. As far as the windshield wipers, either a bad wiper switch or an issue with the BCM. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes may reset something. As IT would say...have you tried rebooting yet?
07 3SS AWD Summit White - TVS1900|The Force Cam|HP Tuner Pro|RPM lvl6|Vig 3200 Tri-disk|Kooks 1-7/8" w/ ORY|Magnaflow Catback|4" MAF Fenderwell Intake|Dual LS1 eFans|PCM Pickup Tube|160* Stat|BM Trans Cooler|Dual Aeroforce|Anzo Halos & OPT7 HIDs|Big 3 Gnd|Pioneer 7" Nav|Massive Audio Subs & Amps|Diamond Audio Components

mattkinnamont
LS
LS

Post by mattkinnamont » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Ok so the radio thing, you're right it is the switch, I was able to figure that out last night. The wipers still got me confused though lol it's kind of hard to trouble shoot when I'm at a military school in Kentucky and don't have all my tools with me...

mattkinnamont
LS
LS

Post by mattkinnamont » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:22 pm

But I think over the weekend I will try to replace the multi function switch as well as work with the switch. If I can find the thread I will post it, a guy was having the same issues and it turned out to be the motor and electronics in the motor so I don't know.

mattkinnamont
LS
LS

Post by mattkinnamont » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:28 pm

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=77489

Found it!

Last edited by mattkinnamont on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Good find! Let us know what you find come this weekend.
07 3SS AWD Summit White - TVS1900|The Force Cam|HP Tuner Pro|RPM lvl6|Vig 3200 Tri-disk|Kooks 1-7/8" w/ ORY|Magnaflow Catback|4" MAF Fenderwell Intake|Dual LS1 eFans|PCM Pickup Tube|160* Stat|BM Trans Cooler|Dual Aeroforce|Anzo Halos & OPT7 HIDs|Big 3 Gnd|Pioneer 7" Nav|Massive Audio Subs & Amps|Diamond Audio Components

mattkinnamont
LS
LS

Post by mattkinnamont » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:58 pm

So, after some investigating, again. I discovered that it was indeed this little thing -

http://www.partsgeek.com/ymm/2006/chevr ... _board_kit

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:43 pm

That's a relief. I just assumed with the multiple problems you were having it was something that they all connect to. Haven't heard of that module going bad. You should post up pics and any info when you swap it out, that is if you do it yourself.

mattkinnamont
LS
LS

Post by mattkinnamont » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:13 am

I know, I was pretty relieved. But after plenty of research and testing I found that a LOT of the 06 and older ones had an issue. Not necessarily the ss, but regular TB as well. And yeah, I will do the install, it's not often that I pay for someone else to do what I'm fully capable of, even if I have never done it. I'm definitely going to do a write up and try my hand at a video as well this weekend, as I said I'm in Kentucky getting some army education lol

Btw, there was a recall on it as well, it seems that before the design was prone to leakage and just not very environmentally friendly. The new updated piece should resolve that issue, but I think I may do a bead of silicon just to be safe.

mattkinnamont
LS
LS

Post by mattkinnamont » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:14 am

I appreciate all the input and help gentlemen, this weekend you will have a new write up and a new issue to watch for lol