Write-ups and procedures on how to get things done

Moderators: SS-ROB, Got TBSS, 08bluedemon

Wally2
LS
LS

Air spring replacement

Post by Wally2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:06 am

Greetings,

I've had my air springs Inspected and as suspected they are in need of replacement. my 06 tbss is a daily driver with 2oo,ooo kliks on it.

My local shop wants $1000 to do the job. I've researched replacing the air springs and it doesn't look overly complicated. $1000 seems like alot to pay for something that doesn't appear to be very difficult. From what I've seen on utube and reading the instructions from Arnott, I think I can handle this.

I'm hoping one of you knowledgeable gentleman can tell me if the Arnott Replacements should do the trick and if there's any reason why a fairly handy guy wouldnt want to do the replacement himself? Seems straight forward enough for me to handle. Thanks so much, cheers
1500434517709.jpg

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm

The replacement of them is super simple. There is actually a post I created about swapping the air springs for coil springs which would tell you how easily it is to remove the air springs. If I remember correctly, I had them swapped within an hour including jacking the vehicle up. I noticed better handling when I swapped the bags to a coil spring. I went back after the fact and installed helper bags inside the coils to help with towing.
07 3SS AWD Summit White - TVS1900|The Force Cam|HP Tuner Pro|RPM lvl6|Vig 3200 Tri-disk|Kooks 1-7/8" w/ ORY|Magnaflow Catback|4" MAF Fenderwell Intake|Dual LS1 eFans|PCM Pickup Tube|160* Stat|BM Trans Cooler|Dual Aeroforce|Anzo Halos & OPT7 HIDs|Big 3 Gnd|Pioneer 7" Nav|Massive Audio Subs & Amps|Diamond Audio Components