Thinking of buying an aero

This is our general discussion area. Talk about anything you'd like in here.

Moderators: SS-ROB, Got TBSS, 08bluedemon

kv5137
LS
LS

Thinking of buying an aero

Post by kv5137 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:41 pm

2008 130000 miles. Black rusted hood and tailgate. Passenger door banged up and pass window. I don’t know the prices on these and they seem rare. Owner wants 5200. I’m holding at 4500. Drove it it roars. Tranny seemed fine. A little ticking which is common? On ls? What you guys thin is fair. Is it same as ss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmon
LS
LS

Post by rmon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:52 am

I have an 08 with the DVD and NAV options and I have no regrets on purchasing it. Mine was a one owner 79k, but I'm pretty sure they were hard miles. I'm pretty handy so in fairness I was able to repair all of my annoying problems that came with the car pretty cheap since the GM parts aren't very expensive.
Cons: a lot of annoying minor problems most are only labor expensive. The HVAC actuators had all failed and although inexpensive are a PITA to replace. The dash cupholder was broken and it took a while to find one since it bothered me to look at the broken one every day. My airbags leak but the compressor still works in mine and corrects ride height when I start the truck. If it fails I'll convert to coils in the back. The power steering cooler rusted out and had to be replaced, another common problem as GM used the cheapest parts they could at the time. The console cupholder is a bad design in front of the shifter so you have no access to it in Park. The side covers on the front seats were broken and are another bad design but easy to replace. No back up camera. The emission solenoids needed replaced, one under the spare by the evaporative canister, the other behind the alternator. My truck was running rough when I bought it and this made it 100%. My alternator also ended up needing replaced shortly after I bought it. In short not much different than a TBSS.
The Pros: A sleeper performance vehicle, no one has any idea what this truck is, very reliable drive train overall, GM parts are still available and relatively cheap, nicer interior than the SS (my opinion), comfortable ride, decent gas mileage for a V8 SUV. Great winter vehicle if you drive in the snow. The prices on these trucks are significantly less than the TBSS trucks. Probably because they only made 442 in 2008 and 112 in 2009 which makes these unique and as I said no one know about them. I think they make good DD with good performance but I don't see them ever being collectable though. They were never popular because they were overpriced and an Escalade was only a little more cost wise at the time. I think if you can buy it at or near the numbers your talking though you won't regret it.