Who do you use for your tunes??

PCM and handheld tuners

Moderators: SS-ROB, Got TBSS, 08bluedemon

SS-ROB

Who do you use for your tunes??

Post by SS-ROB » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:42 pm

I have always used PCMofNC with great results.
Please this is not for BASHING even though at times bad things do happen.
2006 2wd - MODS: Heads, cam, stall...

08bluedemon

Post by 08bluedemon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:49 pm

I had mine tuned at speed inc. they are here in Illinois
"I had brain surgery what's your excuse "

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Originally I used a handheld Superchips programmer then switched to a HPtune from PCMofNC and it made a huge difference! Luckily Brandon down the street has the HPtuner and software.
07 3SS AWD Summit White - TVS1900|The Force Cam|HP Tuner Pro|RPM lvl6|Vig 3200 Tri-disk|Kooks 1-7/8" w/ ORY|Magnaflow Catback|4" MAF Fenderwell Intake|Dual LS1 eFans|PCM Pickup Tube|160* Stat|BM Trans Cooler|Dual Aeroforce|Anzo Halos & OPT7 HIDs|Big 3 Gnd|Pioneer 7" Nav|Massive Audio Subs & Amps|Diamond Audio Components

Got TBSS

Post by Got TBSS » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 pm

i would love to do a PCM tune but i don't know anyone in my area that tunes. That is one of the big hold ups to me doing a lot under the hood. 500+ for software and then still paying for the tune. :?

My TBSS is my daily and only car so mailing out my ECM is kinda tough. Bike + slacks = not a pretty picture.
|Sold-06 TBSS AWD|Superchips Tune|Cold Air Inductions|Magnaflow Res|LED Headlights|Blazer Fog 6k HIDs|Pioneer Avic8100|ArticStart Edge 2x|Aeroforce Interceptor|*Air Vent Pod Mod + Custom Decals Produced Myself*
http://www.tgcreative.net

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 pm

They offer loaner computers while yours is getting tuned. Luckily I didn't have to mess with that. See what all this tuner can do, I'm a little jealous I didn't get one. If you buy the tuner, it's enough to do 3 or 4 cars I believe. 8 credits or something like that.
07 3SS AWD Summit White - TVS1900|The Force Cam|HP Tuner Pro|RPM lvl6|Vig 3200 Tri-disk|Kooks 1-7/8" w/ ORY|Magnaflow Catback|4" MAF Fenderwell Intake|Dual LS1 eFans|PCM Pickup Tube|160* Stat|BM Trans Cooler|Dual Aeroforce|Anzo Halos & OPT7 HIDs|Big 3 Gnd|Pioneer 7" Nav|Massive Audio Subs & Amps|Diamond Audio Components

Got TBSS

Post by Got TBSS » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Gzero wrote:They offer loaner computers while yours is getting tuned. Luckily I didn't have to mess with that. See what all this tuner can do, I'm a little jealous I didn't get one. If you buy the tuner, it's enough to do 3 or 4 cars I believe. 8 credits or something like that.
I was thinking about that but you need to learn the loaner to your truck to bypass the securities. I am just hesitant with it going wrong and i cant drive.

I would be inclined to buy the software if i knew some folks that would definitely use the extra credits and i can make some of the $$ back.
|Sold-06 TBSS AWD|Superchips Tune|Cold Air Inductions|Magnaflow Res|LED Headlights|Blazer Fog 6k HIDs|Pioneer Avic8100|ArticStart Edge 2x|Aeroforce Interceptor|*Air Vent Pod Mod + Custom Decals Produced Myself*

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 pm

If anyone is interested in checking out the software, you can download it for free. I have some stock files and logs you can view. It's a pretty sweet and in depth piece of software.

Got TBSS

Post by Got TBSS » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Gzero wrote:If anyone is interested in checking out the software, you can download it for free. I have some stock files and logs you can view. It's a pretty sweet and in depth piece of software.
I'd take you up on that, be nice to see what its all about with some real life data

Gzero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gzero » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 pm

Download the software and I'll get you some files in the morning.

quadstar87
Supporter
Supporter

Post by quadstar87 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:55 pm

DON'T GET A MAIL-ORDER TUNE unless you have HPT to log and can afford downtime to send your PCM back when things aren't correct.

That's my advice unless you are mostly stock with maybe an intake only. Otherwise, get to a local tuner and get more for your money along with ensuring the tune is safe for your combo. If you are doing a build, arrange towing to the tuner or see if you can find a one to come give you a safe break-in tune, then go WOT with a wideband and get it ironed out.

I speak from experience. Almost ruined my brand new motor within the first 150 miles
07 AWD :evil: - 3SS Converted|Forged 365 LS2|Spal Fans|Kooks|Comp Cam/BTR Springs/LS7 Lifters|3000 Topline Converter|Poly motor mounts|Domin8Tuned|Customized ScanGauge-II